Tuesday, October 07, 2008

battles and reunions ...


Chris' point of view:

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled upon a song by the newly reformed Shiny Toy Guns. Some of the lyrics in the song have struck a chord with the situation Natalie and I are in. As well, these lyrics have been particularly meaningful to me in the last few days:

I can't sleep
I've lost the urge to sing..
Ten thousand miles apart
A frozen ocean joins our hearts
I can't wait to meet you when
The frozen waves meet ocean floors
You'll be standing on the shore
I can't wait to meet you then

Today I have thought about relationships in times of war. Young soldiers would leave their courageous women behind with a promise of return. Through their trials, the soldiers would hold tightly to the letters they would receive; simple yet restorative script written on golden paper. When the war was over, they would board ships set for home. There, standing on the shore would be their women waiting eagerly for their proven heroes.

I thought about these scenarios in relation to Natalie and I. While I am not fighting a war of freedom, or defense, or belief, I battle the pains of being away from her, the loneliness of not having her by my side and hearing her laugh. When the war is over, 'as the waves meet the ocean floors, you'll be standing on the shore. I can't wait to meet you then.'

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Ooo... I love your post! Are those lyrics from the Shiny Toy Guns' song "Frozen Oceans"? That's the only song I like by the new peeps! =]

I can't wait until you come, Natalie!

Love you all!

Kels