Thursday, June 26, 2008

mmmm ... Food ...


Chris' Point of View:

Natalie and I love food. One of our favorite things is to go out to eat, trying new foods and new resturaunts. Its a surprise that we don't roll wherever go. Due to our love of food, my trip to Vancouver in April comprised of lots of eating, and a big surprise.

As I arrived in Vancouver, I considered the magnetic properties of the country, as this was my 3rd trip to Canada in four months. (Its probably not the country, but the gravitaional pull of a certain Chinese girl I know.) At any rate, I was excited to be there and to be reunited with my newly 'Chris'-ened fiancee.

Vancouver is one of the most culturaly diverse places I have ever been. On top of that, their arts, both aesthetic and culinary, are amazing. While driving the streets of this city, the scenery is dotted with influences from all over the globe: restaurants and people, behaviors and cultures. As a result, its easy to select something to eat as your choices are endless and always delicious. So we ate, and ate, and ate, and ate.

Toward the end of the trip, Natalie mentioned a surprise lying in wait, and while I can usually guess these things, I had no idea what was in store. The morning arrived. I got up, put a hat on, and was instructed to bring a change of clothes. I sat in the passenger seat driving toward the destination, anticipation high, awaiting the unveiling of this mysterious activity. As we got closer, Natalie asked that I close my eyes. We exited the car, still with my eyes closed, we walked along downtown sidewalks approaching our destination. I must admit, I was a bit worried, not being able to see anything, that I would talk a mis-step and wander in front of a bakery truck, but put my trust in Natalie as we moved along. We finally arrived, and I found myself in a Spa, readied for a date with an hour long massage. It was fantastic.

It was a great trip. I had an amazing time. It was a trip that I won't soon forget; I am reminded of that tasty food everytime I wake up and look at my stomach in the mirror.





nat's point of view
:

ah the smell of april in the air ... *SNEEZE*. a favourable time to take our allergy medication. both chris and i have the hay fever. quite severe if we don't have an extra strength pill. the continuous 'bless you' tag begins w/ a kiss on the nose when chris arrived to vancouver.

the usual itinerary this time, start off w/ yoga. since the last time chris tried it, i've asked him if he's willing to go w/ me again. w/ a challenge smile of his, he said 'let's do it!' ... and he didn't disappoint me. =)

this trip's adventure packed with tons of food and local pursuit. not only w/ our own creation (pineapple chicken pasta!), as well the fabulous food we have in vancouver. so far we have tried, thai food, japanese sushi, japanese fusion, japanese ramen, japanese hot dog, chinese dim sum, chinese congee & rice noodles, korean bbq, vietnamese pho, taiwanese beef noodles, bubble tea, eggs benedict, ice cream, ice cream, and more ice cream. ... yea, quite a bit, and that's only 1/16 of the restaurants that i go to, so many more to try!

i've been thinking to give chris a sweet surprise for this trip, as he has made such an effort to plan the proposal last month. ranking my brain, i wanted to give him the best way to relax and being pampered. ... then it came to me, chris has never been into a spa, or have a professional body message. w/ that said, i booked an appointment w/ my favourite spa place, told chris that we're going to another session of yoga. =D he was truly surprised by the fact, he didn't see it coming. while his eyes were closed, i kept on telling him that i'm going to sell him to the black chinese market for profits. ... ha ha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog! Were so glad your going to be apart of the family Natalie!